SUSTADUR PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) has high mechanical strength, good resistance to creep, excellent dimensional stability and excellent sliding properties. SUSTADUR PET has superior wear resistance compared to acetal and is ideal for close tolerance parts such as gears.
Its low moisture absorption enables mechanical and electrical properties to remain virtually unaffected by moisture making this material ideally suited as a bronze bush replacement. SUSTADUR® PET-P can be machined to precise detail on standard metal working equipment.
- Improved tensile strength
- Good for both wet and dry environments
- High strength and rigidity––ideal for close tolerance parts
- Excellent stain resistance
- Good wear resistance and excellent dimensional stability
- Better resistance to acids than nylon or acetal
- Better operating temperature
- Reduced notched impact resistance
- SUSTADUR® is FDA approved.
|Max service temperature for short periods||180 ºC||180 ºC|
|Max service temperature continuously||115 ºC||115 ºC|
|Min service temperature||-20 ºC||-20 ºC|
For high-grade and high-strength technical parts in many industrial sectors like e.g. mechanical engineering, electronic industry, ship building industry, materials handling industry, food processing industry etc.
General mechanical and plant engineering: e.g. gears, levers, handles, control discs, cams, bearings, sliding elements, bearings, door furniture, hinges, food industry
NOTE: Although it absorbs very little moisture SUSTADUR® does suffer from hydrolysis and should not be used in aqueous applications at temperatures above 70º C or steam environments.