The casting process used to manufacture Sustamid 6G Nylon produces in a high-molecular and highly crystalline polyamide type 6 material with outstanding physical properties. Sustamid PA6 G has similar mechanical properties and chemical resistance to a standard Nylon 66. Stock shapes are available in sheet, rod or tube form in a wide selection of sizes.
- Good sliding properties
- Extremely high abrasion resistance
- High mechanical strength coupled with high impact strength
- Excellent machinability
- High mechanical damping ability
- Working temperature range of -40°C to 110°C continuous.
- Good adhesive properties
- Good weld ability
- EU & FDA approved for direct food contact applications
- High absorption of moisture (of up to 3 % in standard atmosphere) results in increased impact resistance.
Please note: In thin-walled parts, reduced mechanical strength and dimensional stability
Sustamid is frequently used as a substitute for aluminium, brass or bronze. Used for a wide range of industrial components both for Original Equipment Manufacture and maintenance.
Mechanical engineering: e.g. sliding parts, rollers, bushes, slide bearings, wear pads, support and guide wheels, sprockets tension rollers.
Offshore: e.g. bogies, cable winches, sheaves
Vehicle construction: e.g. sliding parts, hoisting gear, rope pulleys
Foodstuffs industry: e.g. sliding parts, conveyor stars wheels, spiral conveyors, feed screws,