SUSTARIN C Acetal copolymer is rigid and strong with a low coefficient of friction against metals and other plastics. SUSTARIN® C is creep resistant and ideal for parts where dimensional stability is important. SUSTARIN® C does not absorb moisture and is resistant to a wide range of solvents; however resistance to strong acids is poor. Its physical properties remain constant in a variety of environments. Low moisture absorption results in excellent dimensional stability for close-tolerance machined parts. In high moisture or submerged applications, SUSTARIN® C bearings outperform nylon 4 to 1.
SUSTARIN C Acetal is used extensively in traditional “metals” applications where the combination of strength and toughness offer winning advantages.
- High mechanical strength, hardness and stiffness
- Good impact strength at temperatures as low as -40°C
- Excellent resilience
- Good creep resistance and very good dimensional stability
- Good electrical insulating and dielectric properties
- Good sliding properties and wear resistance
- Very low moisture absorption (resistance to hydrolysis)
- Good load bearing properties
- Excellent machining capabilities – ideal for close tolerance parts.
- SUSTARIN® C meets EU and FDA requirements for food contact applications.
Sustarin is ideally suited for close tolerance mechanical parts which require dimensional stability.
Mechanical engineering, automotive industry, manufacture of chemical equipment: e.g. meter components, sliding elements, gears, control discs, impellers, bearings, pump components, valve bodies, catch elements, coil bodies, bearing cages, clutch parts, pump housings
SUSTARIN® C can be used in “hot water” applications up to 60°C without any hydrolysis affect.