Thermoplastics for the Timer and Forestry Industry
The Advantage Of Thermoplastics for the Timber and Forestry Industries
- Plastics are light weight, especially when compared to metals.
- Durable and corrosion resistant.
- Low Friction and Low Wear – increases part life and results in less down time.
- Cost effective – overall very economical to produce.
- Self-lubricating properties. This saves costs eliminating the use of lubrication fluids. External lubrication also causes problems with dust and grease build-up.
- Resistant to environmental decay – will not rot, swell, splinter or degrade.
Forest Application Examples:
- Guide profiles,
- Drive connectors,
- Slide shoes,
- Slide bushings,
- Wear blocks,
- Wear bars,
- Bin protectors,
- Sight glasses and
- Windows for timber mills,
- Felling wedges,
- Log carriers,
- Chainsaw holders,
- Cable sheaves,
- Parts for cable guide brace systems.