The Advantages Of Thermoplastics:
- Plastics are light weight, especially when compared to metals.
- Durable and corrosion resistant.
- Optimum load capacity with minimum wear.
- Low Friction and Low Wear – increases part life and results in less down time.
- Cost effective – overall very economical to produce.
- Self-lubricating properties. This saves costs eliminating the use of lubrication fluids.
External lubrication also causes problems with dust and grease build-up.
- Resistant to environmental decay – will not rot, swell, splinter or degrade.
- Very little soil adherence compared to metal counterparts.
Agricultural Applcation Examples:
COMBINE HARVESTER PARTS – Skid plates, Auger, Auger trough
liners, Auger bed liners, Retractable Fingers
TILLAGE – Ripper shins and shank guards